Nathan "Nate" Hagstrom and Jennifer Ellen "Jen" Parker are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 12.
Going into the Race looking to repair their relationship after Nathan cheated on Jennifer, the couple instead spent most of their time bickering with each other, including often arguing about gender roles within their team. In spite of this, they consistently placed near the top of the pack after narrowly avoiding elimination in the first leg. However, their desire to win a leg never materialized as their bickering often got in the way of making progress in tasks. Nevertheless, they made the final four and, in a close race with Nicolas & Donald and TK & Rachel in Taiwan, they made the fatal mistake of taking the train and bus to the Detour instead of a taxi, pushing them down to last, being eliminated in 4th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
This athletic couple first met in college while living together with other friends. Both admit they couldn't stand each other at first, but soon grew closer and started dating. They've broken up several times in their two-year courtship, but remain true to each other. In one breath each will tell you that the other is their soul-mate and in the next, they'll tell you how much the other drives them crazy.
The biggest difference between the two is organization–he's organized and she is not. Both have dominant personalities and tend to be very stubborn.
Nathan teaches volleyball and also works as a waiter. Jennifer is currently enrolled at Cal State Long Beach and works as a gymnastics coach. She was also on the Los Angeles Clippers Spirit dance team. Jennifer describes herself as thrilling and loving while he describes himself simply as "one cool dude." Both are eager to put their relationship to the test on a race around the world.
The Amazing Race 12
|Nathan & Jennifer's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ireland||No Detour||Nathan||10 of 11|
|2||2||Ireland → Netherlands||Hoist It / Hunt It||Jennifer||2 of 10|
|3||3||Netherlands → Burkina Faso||Teach It / Learn It||Nathan||3 of 9|
|4||4||Burkina Faso||Shake Your Pan / Shake Your Booty||Jennifer||2 of 8|
|5||5||Burkina Faso → Lithuania||Count Down / Step Up||Jennifer||5 of 7|
|6||6||Lithuania → Croatia||Short & Long / Long & Short||Nathan||3 of 6|||
|7||7||Croatia → Italy||Invention / Tradition||Nathan||2 of 5|
|8||8||Italy → India||Paste 'Em / Thread 'Em||Jennifer||4 of 5|
|9||9||India → Japan||Sense of Touch / Sense of Smell||Jennifer||2 of 4|
|10||10||Japan → Taiwan||Fire / Earth||Nathan||4 of 4|
- Nathan & Jennifer became engaged around 2009, but have since broken up.
- Nathan has since married and had twin daughters.
- Jennifer has been in a relationship with Michael Taylor, with whom she had a daughter.
- Nathan went to the same high school with TK & Rachel and Staella.
- Nathan & Jennifer applied at an open casting call under the urging of Nathan's mother
- First team to be eliminated in Taiwan.
- Jennifer is the first racer to be eliminated on their birthday.
- Christopher Roochio at Reality TV World (01/15/2008): "Exclusive: Amazing Race's Jennifer Parker, Nathan Hagstrom dish"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (01/15/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Jennifer and Nathan from The Amazing Race 12"
- Brian Zoromski at IGN.com (01/15/2008): "Amazing Race Interview - Jen & Nate"
- Jed Dreben at People.com (01/16/2008): "Amazing Race Almost Cost Us Our Relationship
- Mark at Reality Wanted (01/16/2008): "Interview with Nate and Jen of The Amazing Race 12"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide (01/18/2008): "Are Nate and Jen Still Together?"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (01/17/2008): "We're Very Aggressive People"
Social Media Profiles
- Nate's Facebook: /nate.hagstrom
- Jennifer's Facebook: /JenniferEllenParker
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|