Nick DeCarlo and Victoria "Vicki" Casciola are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 17.
The couple bumbled their way through most of the race, often struggling with mental tasks that pushed them to the back of the pack. Nick's temper also became a recurring problem for them, as he berated Vicki several times whenever she could not keep up due to her asthma and whenever he found a task to be too difficult to complete. Nevertheless, they came into their own in the second half of the race, making it to the final four. In Hong Kong, Nick's temper again became a problem throughout the leg, culminating in him leaving Vicki to attempt to complete the Detour on her own; when she could no longer do so, they took a six-hour penalty, but were spared by a Non-Elimination Leg. This left them too far behind the other teams in the following leg, causing them to miss the first flight to South Korea and solidifying their elimination in 4th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Henderson, Nev.
Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend
Current occupation: Bartender
Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, golfing and motorcycles
Achievements: Purchasing my Harley all by myself
Lifelong to do list: I would ultimately like to start a pit bull rescue because I feel like they are misunderstood animals.
What scares you most about traveling? Leaving my dogs and my family
What excites you most about traveling? Having the opportunity to see other cultures and experience the world
If I could switch places with someone: I like who I am therefore I wouldn't want to switch places with anyone else.
Role model/hero: My role models are my parents. They always taught me to never quit and to always respect myself and others.
What are you passionate about? The things I'm most passionate about are Vicki, my family, my dogs and my toys.
What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would help my parents pay off their house and pay off my credit cards. Then I would focus my efforts on opening a pit bull rescue.
People would be surprised to learn: I'm a very understanding and caring person.
Favorite place you have ever visited: I haven't traveled extensively so I would have to say I love the beaches in California.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I think Vicki and my biggest challenge will be our communication. We are both are extremely head strong.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I'm running the Race to gain some interpersonal growth.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Biggest pet peeve is that Vicki is always on her phone.
Hometown: Henderson, Nev.
Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend
Current Occupation: Hairstylist
Favorite Hobbies: Working out, gymnastics and snowboarding
Achievements: Passing my state boards.
Lifelong to do list: I want to sky dive over the Swiss Alps before I die! I want to provide help and funds to non-profit addiction organizations and become a lead (celebrity) hair stylist in the industry. I'd also like to create my own extension/product line. All in all, I want to have a well known and respected name throughout the world for what I do best, hair design.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing scares me about traveling. I'm fearless.
What excites you most about traveling? Everything - I love surprises and seeing new cultures.
If I could switch places with someone: I would switch places with Ken Paves. He is one of the most talented hair designers in the industry.
Role model/hero: My parents - they have always told me to follow my dreams and never give up.
What are you passionate about? Most passionate about my career - hair design. I was born to make people look and feel beautiful.
What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we take home the million dollar prize, I would pay off my house and any other debt. I would also donate a portion of it to a non-profit addiction organization.
Favorite place you have ever visited: I love Italy - it's where my family's roots are and there's so much culture to soak in and learn.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: The biggest challenge we'll face while racing around the globe will undoubtedly be our communication with one another.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Self well being and gratification
Pet peeve about your teammate: Nick's snoring! I hate it!
The Amazing Race 17
|Nick & Vicki's Race History|
|1||1||United States → United Kingdom||No Detour||Nick||10 of 11|
|2||2||United Kingdom → Ghana||Tune In / Check Out||Nick||8 of 10|
|3||3||Ghana||Bicycle Parts / Language Arts||Vicki||5 of 9|
|4||4||Ghana → Sweden||Sleds / Beds||Nick||6 of 9|
|5||5||Sweden → Norway||Bike / Boat||Vicki||6 of 8|
|6||6||Norway → Russia||Classical Music / Classic Cinema||Nick||7 of 7|||
|7||7||Russia||Circus Band / Circus Clown||Nick||3 of 7|
|8||8||Russia → Oman||Water Table / Wedding Table||Vicki||3 of 6|
|9||9||Oman → Bangladesh||Balanced Meal / Balanced Bricks||Nick||2 of 5|
|10||10||Bangladesh → Hong Kong||Did not complete||Vicki||4 of 4|||
|11||11||Hong Kong → South Korea||Full Throttle / Full Bottle||Vicki||4 of 4|||
- Nick & Vicki are now married.
- Vicki is a successful hairstylist. She is the artistic director for Hotheads Hair Extensions, owns her own hair salon in Las Vegas called Hot Box Salon, and her work has been shown at major events including New York Fashion Week and the Latin Grammy Awards and her in many magazines including People, W, More, InStyle, Real Simple, and was on the cover of Modern twice.
- First team not required to complete a Speed Bump since its introduction after coming in last in a Non-Elimination Leg. This was due to production difficulties in the previous leg that affected all of the teams.
- Third team that was unable to complete a Detour and thus took the penalty.
- Nick & Vicki are first team to be eliminated in South Korea in the American version.
Vicki's Website: https://www.vickicasciola.com/
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (12/06/2010): "We Regret Taking the Six-Hour Penalty"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at RealityTV World (12/07/2010): "Exclusive: Nick DeCarlo and Vicki Casciola talk"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/07/2010): "The Amazing Race 17: Exclusive Interview with Nick DeCarlo and Vicki Casciola"
- Digital Spy (12/07/2010): "Nick & Vicki ('The Amazing Race')"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (12/09/2010): "We Weren't the Smartest People, But… We Were Definitely the Strongest"
Social Media Profiles
- Nick's Facebook: /nick.decarlo.79
- Vicki's Facebook: /victoria.casciola
|The Amazing Race 17 Teams|