Nicolas Fulks and Donald Jerousek are a Grandson/Grandfather team on The Amazing Race 12.
Although not as physically capable as the other teams, Nicolas & Donald made it to the final three by capitalizing on the mistakes of their competitors, Donald's wide array of life experiences helping them complete several tasks, and Nicolas' willingness to pick up the slack for his grandfather, particularly when the physical toll of the race took its toll on Donald in the last few legs. In the final leg, however, Nicolas could not solve the final Roadblock as fast as the other teams, leaving them to finish in 3rd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Nicolas started his aviation career at the age of 17 at the University of Illinois and currently works as an airline pilot based out of San Juan. He describes himself as reliable, competitive and goofy. He describes his Teammate as rough around the edges and not too excepting of people who go against his advice.
This grandson/grandfather duo believes that Nicolas's traveling expertise will give them a leg up against the other Teams.
Donald has been married for 42 years and has two children. The sparks will undoubtedly fly along the course of the Race as Donald is never shy about telling his grandson what to do. While Nicolas relies on his ability to read maps and quickly navigate computers, Donald relies on old school street smarts and claims to be a jack of all trades.
Regardless of who's calling the shots in the heat of the Race, these two are looking forward to traveling the world together and creating lasting memories.
The Amazing Race 12
|Nicolas & Donald's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Ireland||No Detour||Nicolas||5 of 11|
|2||2||Ireland → The Netherlands||Hoist It / Hunt It||Donald||8 of 10|
|3||3||The Netherlands → Burkina Faso||Teach It / Learn It||Donald||6 of 9|
|4||4||Burkina Faso||Shake Your Pan / Shake Your Booty||Nicolas||4 of 8|
|5||5||Burkina Faso → Lithuania||Count Down / Step Up||Nicolas||6 of 7|
|6||6||Lithuania → Croatia||Short & Long / Long & Short||Donald||5 of 6|
|7||7||Croatia → Italy||Used Fast Forward||1 of 5►|
|8||8||Italy → India||Paste 'Em / Thread 'Em||Nicolas||2 of 5|
|9||9||India → Japan||Sense of Touch / Sense of Smell||Nicolas||3 of 4|
|10||10||Japan → Taiwan||Fire / Earth||Donald||3 of 4|
|11||11||Taiwan → United States||Cut the Cod / Grab the Crab||Nicolas||3 of 3|
- Nicolas & Donald first applied for The Amazing Race 10 but were not chosen. Casting later call them back as they were seeking a grandparent and grandchild team and the casting agent remember their video.
- They were the only all-male team to compete on The Amazing Race 12.
- Nicolas & Donald are the first grandparent/grandchild team.
- First grandparent/grandchild team to win the Fast Forward.
- First grandparent/grandchild team to win a leg.
- First grandparent/grandchild team to be in the final three.
- The highest finish for a grandparent/grandchild team, 3rd place.
- Donald is the oldest person to reach the final three, being 68 at the time of racing.
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (01/23/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Nicolas & Donald, From The Amazing Race"
- Christopher Roochio at Reality TV World (01/23/2008): "Exclusive: The Amazing Race's Donald Jerousek, Nicolas Fulks talk
- Brian Zoromski at IGN.com (01/24/2008): "Amazing Race Interview - Nick & Don"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (01/24/2008): "Interview with Don and Nicolas of The Amazing Race 12"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide (01/25/2008): "Amazing Race's Final 3: The Last Pit Stop"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (01/25/2008): "It's a Great Story to Tell"
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|