Who is your tower of strength?
The team member assigned to perform the Roadblock had to scale (or climb) then abseil down one of the six light towers 75 meters (246 ft). Once they had completed, teams received their next clue.
Teams have to travel to Lombok, Indonesia. Teams could travel on one of two flights landing in Denpasar, Bali. The first flight via Darwin arrives first, and the second flight–the direct flight–arriving an hour and 20 minutes after the first.
Upon arrival at Ngurah Rai International Airport, teams had to travel to BlueWater Express where they had to sign up for one of three boats leaving for Lombok. The first boat, leaving at 6:00 AM could contain the first three teams, while the remaining boats (leaving at 30 minute intervals after the first boat) could carry four teams each. Once in Lombok, teams disembarked Papak Beach and searched a marked fishing boat with a nets to find their next clue.
Teams had to travel to Pura Lingsar temple, where teams had to participate in a rice war ritual called perang topat, where teams were showered with rice powder by locals, before receiving their next clue.
Choice A: Cash
Teams had to travel to Mandalika Market where teams teams were required to make and sell the local traditional bakso for no less than Rp 5,000 per bowl, and were required to sell 15 of them. Once they sold, the store manager would get their next clue.
Choice B: Carry
Teams had to travel to Madalika Market where teams were required to find a market stall and carry traditional produce on their heads to another market stall within the same market before retrieving their next clue.
After completing the De-Tour, teams made their way to Malimbu Beach and rode an outrigger to Gili Trawangan Island. Both team members were required to dive onto Halik Reef where one of them only needed to retrieve a briefcase at the bottom. Upon arriving back at the shore, teams had to count the money in the briefcase where totals varied from team to team and use this as the combination to retrieve the next clue.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg or continue racing on a No-Rest Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward• ϵ Used the Express Pass• ⊂ Used the U-Turn • ⊃ Recipient of the U-Turn
- This marks the first time The Amazing Race Australia visits continental Asia and the country of Indonesia.
- This is the first country not previously visited by the American version at the time.
- The Cash Detour is similar to the Sell Detour from the Leg 2 of The Amazing Race Asia 1, but instead of having to sell (or eat) 15 bowls of bakso at a minimum price of Rp 2,000, teams had to make and sell 15 bowls of bakso for no less than Rp 5,000 per bowl.
- This leg was a near-copy of Leg 9 in The Amazing Race Asia 4.
- The first premiere since The Amazing Race 10 to have both Detour and a Roadblock on the first leg.
- PopSugar Celebrity AU (05/24/2011): "The Amazing Race Australia Takes the Teams to Vietnam"