In The Amazing Race 2, their amicable interactions with local cultures and their campy nature stood in stark contrast to the more competitive natures of the other teams. Their tendency to calmly and patiently deal with all obstacles often got them an advantage over their competitors, though their lack of a sense of urgency would ultimately cost them at the final four, as they fell behind the other teams and finished in 4th place.
They later returned in All-Stars, where their trademark amicable and campy natures, along with a partnership with Charla & Mirna, propelled them to the front of the pack for most of the race. However, they began to fall apart in the last third of the race when Danny spent most of their money at the Roadblock in Malaysia, forcing them to beg in the coming legs. This, along with the stresses of the race finally resulted in them bickering, resulted in them being Marked for Elimination at the final four. They then got lost in Guam in the following leg, leading to yet another 4th place finish.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Oswald and Danny met in 1994 and gradually became friends. When Danny's life partner died, Oswald was there to help, and in Danny's words, the two "became partners in crime." Oswald and Danny have traveled extensively together, mostly to Los Angeles and New York, but also to Paris, Milan, and Berlin. On their travels, they "had amazing new experiences and most of all, lots of fun."
The pair decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE because they expect the experience to bring them closer together. "Only someone like Oswald could be strong enough to endure the kind of life-changing experiences that a project like this may bring," said Danny. Oswald added, "We balance each other perfectly."
Q & A
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
What is your favorite film?
What is your favorite TV show?
Who is your favorite actor?
Who is your favorite actress
What is your favorite band?
What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
These best friends from Season 2 had a falling out several years ago, but have since mended their relationship and claim to be better friends now than they've ever been during their 12 years of friendship.
Even though these two don't live in the same city, they still see each other quite frequently and are ready to take another adventure of a lifetime together.
Oswald describes himself as compassionate and resourceful while Danny can be described as an adventurous person who tries to keep things real and exciting at all times. Oswald claims to be the more focused of the two a trait that will surely be tested while racing against the all-stars. Their personalities are infectious and they truly enjoy their lives. Both have traveled the globe, speak several foreign languages between the two, and feel right at home on foreign soil.These two fun-loving friends are eager for the experience that the Race has to offer and are looking to be the team to beat.
The Amazing Race 2
|Oswald & Danny's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||8 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Danny||7 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Oswald||1 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Used Fast Forward||1 of 8►|
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Oswald||6 of 7|
|6||6||Thailand||Boat / Beast||Oswald||4 of 6|
|7||7||Thailand → Hong Kong||Wishing Tree / Herbal Tea||Danny||4 of 6|
|8||8||Hong Kong → Australia||Dragon / Lion||Oswald||1 of 5|
|9||Australia||Cool Down / Heat Up||Oswald||4 of 5|
|9||10||Australia → New Zealand||Quick Jump / Long Hike||Oswald||4 of 4|
|10||11||New Zealand||Drop / Climb||Danny||4 of 4|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Oswald & Danny's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||2 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Oswald||2 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||Danny||5 of 9|
|4||4||Chile → Argentina||Navigate It / Sign It||Oswald||1 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → Mozambique||Pamper / Porter||Oswald||4 of 7|
|6||6||Mozambique → Tanzania||Solve It / Schlep It||Danny||2 of 7|
|7||7||Tanzania → Poland||Perfect Pitch / Perfect Angle||Danny||2 of 6|||
|8||8||Poland||Used Fast Forward||1 of 6►|
|9||9||Poland → Malaysia||Artistic Expression / Cookie Confection||Danny||4 of 5|
|10||10||Malaysia → Hong Kong||Used Fast Forward||1 of 4►|
|11||11||Hong Kong → Macau||Noodle / Dragon||Danny||4 of 4>|
|12||12||Macau → Guam||Care Package / Engine Care||Oswald||4 of 4|
- Oswald & Danny are the first Hispanic-American team to compete on the race.
- Oswald & Danny are the first team to be eliminated in New Zealand and are the first team to be eliminated in Guam.
- In addition, they have the distinction of being the first team to be eliminated in an unincorporated territory of the United States.
- Most times to use the Fast Forward, 3.
- First of six teams to finish in the same position twice, 4th place (with Kent & Vyxsin (5th), Margie & Luke (8th), Leo & Jamal (4th), Brendon & Rachel (3rd), and Becca & Floyd (5th)).
- CBS.com featured them for a 'National Best Friend Day' celebration slideshow in 2015.
- TARflies (06/05/2003): "Talk to the Cha" with Danny
- Hannah Storm on Early Show (04/30/2007): "Friends' Race Dream Dashed"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (04/30/2007): "Exclusive Interview: Oswald & Danny, 8th Team Eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (04/30/2007): "INTERVIEW: Ozzy and Danny dish about 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars'"
- Michael Jensen at New Now Next (04/30/2007): "Danny and Oswald from “The Amazing Race: All Stars”"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (05/01/2007): "All-Stars Interview: Oswald & Danny"
Social Media Profiles
- Danny's Facebook: /danny.g.jimenez
- Oswald's LinkedIn: /oswald-méndez-11532a5/
- Oswald's company website: New Majority Reaady
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|