Peter Harsch and Sarah Reinertsen are a Recently Dating team on The Amazing Race 10.
Despite coming into the race with Sarah having a prosthetic leg, Peter & Sarah consistently placed in the top half of the pack in the first few legs, even placing first twice. However, they also earned the ire of some teams whenever Sarah's disability allowed them to get ahead, as well as Peter's behavior rubbing their competitors the wrong way. They were also prone to bickering and arguments that caused Sarah to reevaluate their relationship, particularly whenever she felt that Peter was asking too much of her. On the sixth leg in Kuwait, Peter & Sarah got lost while looking for the Detour, causing them to fall hours behind the other teams, eliminating them in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Peter & Sarah are both Ironman competitors who share a long history of teamwork. For the past seven years, these triathletes have worked together, trained together and even share unresolved romantic feelings for one another.
Sarah, a motivational speaker, has been an amputee since an early age and, as a woman with a physical disability, there are many obstacles she has yet to overcome. Her proudest accomplishment was being the first women with an artificial leg to finish the Hawaii Ironman Competition. An intense athlete, Sarah competes with passion and energy. She currently resides in Mission Viejo, California.
Her partner, Peter, is a clinical prosthetist who conducts clinical and technical seminars around the country for Ossur N.A. Right now, Peter works directly with Brooke Army Medical Center fitting U.S. soldiers who have lost limbs in Iraq or Afghanistan. Peter's expertise is fitting and aligning the newest prosthetic Bionic technology and running prosthesis. These skills allow each solider and patient to achieve their individual goals of returning to an active life. Peter lives in Laguna Beach, California and is extremely grateful for his family and friends.
Through their various competitions, Peter & Sarah have experienced each other's emotional highs and lows and are prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. Both are out to win the Race and show the world that this disability will not stop them from achieving their goals.
The Amazing Race 10
|Peter & Sarah's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Peter||3 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Peter||1 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Peter||5 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Sarah||2 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Peter||1 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Did not perform||Sarah||7 of 7|||
- Peter has since married Lauren McVey and they have three kids.
- Sarah is now married to an art director who is also coincidentally named Peter.
- Sarah is the first amputee to compete on The Amazing Race.
- While Peter & Sarah were portrayed as a newly dating and bickering couple on the race (to the extent that Sarah "broke up" with Peter during their elimination), Sarah revealed that they were friends whose "dating" was non-existent and created to give them an interesting storyline.
- Peter also disputed the edit saying "it was too one-sided".
- Peter & Sarah are the first team to be eliminated in Kuwait.
- Ossur.com (Fall 2006): "Team Ossur's Sarah and prosthetist Peter take on the world!"
- PH Prosthetics's Website: http://phprosthetics.com/
- Sarah's Website: http://www.alwaystri.net/
- Sarah's Wikipedia page: Sarah Reinertsen
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (10/24/2006): "Harsch, Reinertsen Off Race"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (10/24/2006): "Exclusive Interview Interview: Peter & Sarah"
Social Media Profiles
- Peter's Facebook: /peter.harsch.7
- PH Prosthetics's Instagram: /PHProsthetics
- PH Prosthetics's Twitter: @PHProsthetics
- Sarah's Facebook: /alwaystri
- Sarah's Instagram: /alwaystri
- Sarah's Twitter: @alwaystri
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160916065340/http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23505/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10204836042890110&set=ecnf.1510021556
- ↑ http://www.austinfitmagazine.com/March-2013/A-Run-with-Sarah-Reinertsen-1/
- ↑ http://www.ocregister.com/news/leg-234025-reinertsen-couple.html
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|