Raymond "Ray" Hosteau and Deana Shane are a Dating On and Off team on The Amazing Race 7.
Ray came into the race with high expectations for their team, deriding teams such as Meredith & Gretchen and Susan & Patrick, whom he saw as being "sacrificial lambs". When these expectations were not met, he tended to take out his frustrations on and berate Deana. This came to a head when they struggled on a Detour in Botswana and once again started arguing, allowing Brian & Greg to catch up and narrowly defeat them in a footrace, eliminating them in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ray & Deana are a dating team from Canfield, Ohio and Youngstown, Ohio respectively. Ray is a stockbroker and Deana is a marketing and promotions executive. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to put their on-again/off-again relationship to the test and see how they fare.
Ray, who is 17 years older than Deana, has worked as a stockbroker for 18 years. A former college and semi-professional football player, Ray describes himself as cocky and admits that he's never wrong about anything. He enjoys weightlifting, singing and karate.
Deana is admittedly just as determined and competitive as her teammate. She grew up camping in the backwoods of Ohio and has never traveled outside the United States. Deana's favorite hobbies include lifting weights, karate, hunting and fishing.
Both admit they are looking for some answers to what the future holds for their relationship and are hoping the Race will provide some.
The Amazing Race 7
|Ray & Deana's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||7 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Ray||3 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Deana||6 of 9|||
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Deana||6 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → South Africa||Used Fast Forward||1 of 7►|
|6||South Africa → Botswana||Food / Water||Ray||7 of 7|
- Ray and Deana got engaged after the race and and subsequently got married on May 21, 2005. Rob & Amber attended their wedding. The couple later had a daughter named Regan.
- As of 2010, they are no longer together.
- Ray is currently in engaged to a woman named Mandy.
- Deana currently works as a casting producer at CBS.
- Ray & Deana are the first team to be given vehicles as prizes for winning a leg.
- First team to be eliminated in Botswana.
- One of only three co-ed teams who won a leg and be the 5th team to be eliminated.
- Oldest averaged aged co-ed team to win a leg and finish the race in 7th place, 35.5.
- Rene Syler on The Early Show (03/30/2005): "Amazing Race Couple"
- Brenda Rodriguez at People (03/31/2005): "The Amazing Race's Ray and Deena"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (04/01/2005): "Amazing Race Nasties Get Engaged"
- TARflies (06/15/2005): "Race to the Altar"
Social Media Profiles
- Ray's Facebook: /RayHousteau
- Deena's Facebook: /deana.shane.3
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|