Real Fast! Quack, Quack! is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 10.
The race begins in Seattle, Wash. when Teams begin jockeying for available flights to the first destination, Beijing, China. Once there, teams are faced with their first Roadblock, which requires them to feast on a Chinese delicacy. As the racers continue to navigate their way through the busy streets of Beijing, they are faced with the game's first twist. Meanwhile, the racer's physical prowess is put to the test when they must climb a portion of the Great Wall of China.
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock would have to eat in delicacy of eyeballs from a fish head soup out of a bowl, which is commonly a Chinese delicacy. Once they've eaten all of the eyeballs, the chef would receive their next clue.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Teams must make their way to the Meridian Gate of Forbidden City and find a kiosk. On the kiosk, they will find one of three departure times: 7:00 am, 7:15 am, and 7:30 am. Once they've taken a time, they cannot switch for another. However, for the last team to arrive, they will not receive a departure time, and will be eliminated.
The order when the teams arrived at the kiosk was as follows:
Teams must ride in a side car of a motorcycle to Houhai and find North Bank Road. Once there, hey must find the pedicab manager to receive their next clue.
Choice A: Labor
Teams must travel 1 mile by pedicab to Run De Li Market where they needed to use traditional Chinese bricks and methods to pave a 45-square-foot section of sidewalk in a specific pattern. Once completed, they will receive their next clue.
Choice B: Leisure
Teams must take a pedicab to Beihai Park to take part of a Chinese relaxation method known as Taiji Bailong, which they need to successfully balancing a ball on a paddle. Once completed, they will receive their next clue.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • > Used the Yield • < Recipient of the Yield
- The first season premiere that aired both the Roadblock and Detour.
- This marks the first time a team is eliminated at a midpoint stop.
- The episode title is said by Mary (as "Real Fast!" 快快 [kuài kuài - quickly]) while rushing a taxi driver.
- This season's Starting Line, Gasworks Park in Seattle, Washington, was also the same location for the Finish Line in The Amazing Race 3.
- Wade Kwon at WadeOnBirmingham (09/17/2006): "Simply Amazing: Chinese takeouts"
- Jackie's TV Blog (09/17/2006): "Season 10 Premiere Recap"
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (09/18/2006): "Season 10 Premiere Review"
- Jace Lacob at Televisionary (09/18/2006): "The Amazing Race Still... Amazing"
- Roger Holland at PopMatters (09/21/2006): "The Need to Evolve"