Real Fast! Quack, Quack! is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 10.
The race begins in Seattle, Wash. when Teams begin jockeying for available flights to the first destination, Beijing, China. Once there, teams are faced with their first Roadblock, which requires them to feast on a Chinese delicacy. As the racers continue to navigate their way through the busy streets of Beijing, they are faced with the game's first twist. Meanwhile, the racer's physical prowess is put to the test when they must climb a portion of the Great Wall of China.
Teams must fly to Beijing, China. Teams may only take one of two flights, each accommodating six teams. The first flight is United Airlines and lands nearly an hour ahead of the second flight, Korean Air. Upon arrival, teams must take a taxi to Gold House Restaurant, where they would find their next clue.
"Who's hungry to stay in the race?" The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock must eat the eyeballs from a fish head soup, which is commonly a Chinese delicacy. Once they have eaten all of the eyeballs, the chef would give them their next clue. The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Teams must make their way to the Meridian Gate in the Forbidden City and find a kiosk. At the kiosk, they must claim one of three departure times for the following morning: the first four teams would depart at 7 am, the next four at 7:15 am, and the next three at 7:30 am. Once they have taken a time, they cannot switch for another. However, for the last team to arrive, they will not receive a departure time, and will be eliminated. The order when the teams arrived at the kiosk was as follows:
- Peter & Sarah
- Duke & Lauren
- Lyn & Karlyn
- Tyler & James
- Tom & Terry
- Kellie & Jamie
- David & Mary
- Dustin & Kandice
- Rob & Kimberly
- Vipul & Arti
- Erwin & Godwin
Teams must ride in a side car of a motorcycle and direct their driver to Houhai and find North Bank Road. Once there, they must find the pedicab manager to receive their next clue.
Choice A: Labor
Teams must take a pedicab to Run De Li Market and use traditional Chinese bricks and methods to pave a 45-square-foot section of sidewalk in a specific pattern. Once completed, they would receive their next clue. David & Mary, Duke & Lauren, Dustin & Kandice, Erwin & Godwin, Lyn & Karlyn, Peter & Sarah, Rob & Kimberly, Tyler & James, and Vipul & Arti chose this task.
Choice B: Leisure
Teams must take a pedicab to Beihai Park and take part in a Chinese relaxation method known as Taiji Bailong, in which they need to successfully balance a ball on a paddle. Once they have successfully completed the routine, they would receive their next clue. Kellie & Jamie and Tom & Terry chose this task.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • > Used the Yield • < Recipient of the Yield
- This season's Starting Line, Gas Works Park in Seattle, Washington, was also the same location for the Finish Line in The Amazing Race 3.
- This is the first season premiere that include both an aired Roadblock and Detour.
- This episode marks the first time a team is eliminated in a Surprise Elimination.
- The episode title is said by Mary Conley (as "Real Fast! 快快" [kuài kuài ("quickly" in Standard Chinese)) while rushing a taxi driver.
- Wade Kwon at WadeOnBirmingham (09/17/2006): "Simply Amazing: Chinese takeouts"
- Jackie's TV Blog (09/17/2006): "Season 10 Premiere Recap"
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (09/18/2006): "Season 10 Premiere Review"
- Jace Lacob at Televisionary (09/18/2006): "The Amazing Race Still... Amazing"
- Roger Holland at PopMatters (09/21/2006): "The Need to Evolve"