Rex Howard Harrington and Bob Hope are an Engaged team on The Amazing Race Canada 2.
- Age: 51
- Occupation: Artist in Residence, National Ballet of Canada
- Current City: Ashburn, Ont.
- Hometown: Peterborough, Ont.
- Strengths: Dance, artistic, creative
- Fears/Phobias: Rodents
- Favourite Travel Destination: Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "Too detail-oriented."
- Age: 47
- Occupation: Dental Consultant
- Current City: Ashburn, Ont.
- Hometown: Winnipeg
- Strengths: Confident, determined, good-humoured
- Fears/Phobias: Closed spaces
- Favourite Travel Destination: Positano, Italy
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "He loses things."
Engaged couple Rex and Bob bring big personalities, confidence, and humour to the race. "Face it," said Rex. "We're older and have more insurance!" The pair has been together for 10 years and they are a comedic force to be reckoned with. Neither man likes to share the spotlight, so things often get competitive. Rex and Bob met through a mutual friend and through Bob's steadfast pursuit– it has been a great partnership ever since. Rex graduated from Canada's National Ballet School in 1981, joining The National Ballet of Canada in 1983. He became a Principal Dancer in 1988 and remained in that position until his retirement in 2004. He was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2000 and was given a star on Canada's Walk of Fame in 2005. In 2006, he received an Honorary Degree from York University and was appointed Artist-in-Residence with the National Ballet of Canada. Since retiring from his career, Rex has taken on a teaching and mentoring role with the National Ballet of Canada as Artist in Residence and lives with Bob on their farm in Ashburn, Ont. Their relationship is the anchor that Rex holds most dear. Bob is sharp, analytical, and plans everything out to the finest detail, while describing his partner as forgetful and absent-minded. This pair has a stubborn streak, which means deciding who is right during challenges will be tough. They admit that being on 'The Amazing Race Canada' will test their relationship but will also hopefully confirm they make a positive partnership. The couple will spend the winnings on the wedding of their dreams, starting with buying Rex a new engagement ring to replace the one he lost. Motto: "Have fun, laugh hard, play harder." Team they most associate with from Season 1: Jet and Dave.
The Amazing Race Canada 2
|Rex & Bob's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||Alberta → British Columbia||No Detour||Bob||3 of 11|||
|2||2||British Columbia||Sharp Knives / Sharp Eyes||Rex||9 of 10|||
|3||3||British Columbia → Hong Kong||Kung Fu Master / Master Chef||Bob||7 of 9⊂|||
|4||4||Hong Kong → Macau||Stamp It / Stomp It||Rex||3 of 8|
|5||5||Macau → Yukon||Make Your Bed / Ride a Sled||Bob||7 of 8|
|6||6||Yukon → Manitoba||Puck It / Pinch It||Rex||7 of 7|
- Rex & Bob, along with Laura & Jackie are the first same sex couples to compete on The Amazing Race Canada.
- Rex was previously a recurring guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance Canada?
- After discovering Jen & Shawn were medically evacuated in leg 2 and Rex & Bob had taken a 6-hour penalty, they said they were running the race for Jen & Shawn.
- Rex's Wikipedia page: Rex Harrington
- Rex's Twitter: @rexharrington
- Rex & Bob's Twitter: @rexandbob
|The Amazing Race Canada 2 Teams|