Richard Toutounji and Joey Toutounji are a team of Married Entrepreneurs on The Amazing Race Australia 1.
Retrieved from au.tv.yahoo.com
They're fit, focused and super competitive. Will Joey and Richard's ruthless determination keep them on track to the final Pit Stop? Or will this husband and wife just rub the other teams up the wrong way?
Sydney entrepreneurs Joey Toutounji Aka Good Joey and Richard Toutounji believe they have the physical and mental strength to make it to the top three. They've already planned their "T3" strategy, which includes T-shirts emblazoned with encouraging slogans such as "Focus, Believe, Achieve" and "Crush it!".
Devotees of motivational speakers such as Anthony Robbins, they're hoping to intimidate their competitors.
Together for 11 years and married for four, their competitive streak even extends to a rivalry between themselves.
"Sometimes we'll just jump on the treadmill next to each other to race," says Joey.
Richard adds: "Coming from a sport and business background makes us competitive. It's an advantage for us, to work together as a couple on a lot of different projects.
"We are very hard on ourselves and mentally tough. We believe action cures fear."
The couple met when Richard, 29, started training former PE teacher Joey's parents. He then started training Joey, 30, and sparks flew in between sprints and squats.
Nowadays they operate their own fitness website and conduct motivational seminars for major corporations. Big believers in healthy eating as well as training, the couple released the book, ', to rave reviews a few years ago.
"It's my proudest achievement," says Joey. "It felt as though we reached a lot of people with the healthy eating message. I'm the kind of person who's fulfilled if I feel like I'm helping people."
That caring spirit may not extend to their rivals in the race, with the couple admitting they're not in it to make friends.
"I don't have a huge amount of friends. And I don't expect that to change during the race. Ultimately it's us versus the other 10 teams. And we're here to win no matter what," says Richard.
While they have travelled extensively – Richard owns a company called Complete Online Marketing in his past he has worked on an international cruise ship, and they have holidayed in Europe and the US together – they admit they're not always great on details.
Joey says: "When it comes to geography and stuff, we don't really know where places are. We like to guess."
The Amazing Race Australia 1
|Richard & Joey's Race History|
|1||1||Australia → Indonesia||Cash / Carry||Richard||10 of 11|
|2||2||Indonesia → Vietnam||Carry Fowl / Carabao||Joey||9 of 11|
|3||3||Vietnam → Hong Kong → Macau||Used Fast Forward||1 of 10►|
|4||4||Macau → South Africa||Smash / Bash||Richard||9 of 9⊃|
- The couple has since had two sons.
- Richard & Joey possess the lowest racing average of any team to win at least one leg, at 7.25.
- First team to win a leg through the Fast Forward.
- First Co-ed team to win a leg.
- First team to be U-Turned. Subsequently, the first team to be U-Turned and be eliminated in the same leg.
- First team to be eliminated after winning a leg.
- First team to finish first on one leg and be last on the very next leg.
- Richard's Website: https://richardtoutounji.com/
- Joey's Website: http://www.feelgoodjoey.com/
- Complete Online Marketing's Website: https://commarketing.com.au/
- Richard's Facebook: /richardtoutounji
- Joey's Facebook: /feelgoodjoey
- Richard's Instagram: /richardtoutounji
- Joey's Instagram: /feelgoodjoey
- Richard's Twitter: @RichardToutounji
- Joey's Twitter: @FeelGoodJoey
- Richard's YouTube Channel: /UCxtUTd0VbgYFwoAzzd3xi_Q
|The Amazing Race Australia 1 Teams|