Rob Diaz and Kimberly Chabolla are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 10.
The "Fighting Couple" of the season. They were a fairly strong team despite their frequent tendency to argue and somewhat ugly American behavior especially in leg 5 and 8. However, their weak navigation skill, leaching information tendency and Rob's bad luck with cars made them falter behind and underperform compare to Dustin & Kandice and Tyler & James. In the Final Three, they faltered behind Tyler & James when their cab didn't have an E-Z Pass system, dropping them behind the models and settled for 2nd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Rob & Kimberly met while bartending in Los Angeles, California. The young couple has been dating for two years and recently moved in together. Their primary reason for running the Race is to see if their relationship can withstand the intensity and pressure of traveling around the world at such a frantic pace.
Rob is currently enrolled in a real estate course in Los Angeles. He describes himself as goofy and compassionate and claims that the biggest difference between him and Kimberly is that she is more structured while he tends to be a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of guy.
Kimberly works in public relations in Los Angeles. She enjoys snowboarding, working out and wake boarding. A self-proclaimed goofball, Kimberly also sees herself as being a neat freak and a little clumsy. Clumsiness aside, she will undoubtedly be a physical threat to the other Teams and won't be afraid to do whatever it takes to win the one million dollar prize. Both Rob & Kimberly love to compete and are ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
The Amazing Race 10
|Rob & Kimberly's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Rob||5 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Kimberly||6 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Rob||3 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Rob||1 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Rob||3 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Kimberly||3 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Kimberly||3 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Used Fast Forward||3 of 6►|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||Rob||4 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||Kimberly||3 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||Rob||3 of 4|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||Kimberly||1 of 4|
|13||12||Spain → France → United States||Art / Fashion||Kimberly||2 of 3|
- The couple broke-up sometime after the race.
- Rob is now married to Leigh Lustig.
- Kim is now married and has two kids currently.
- In 2009, Kimberly appeared in the home video package of Big Brother 11 contestant, Chima Simone, who is a close friend.
- Most consistent finish. They placed third in 7 out of 12 legs as well as placing third six legs in a row.
- Rob & Kim were the only pre-All Stars couple to be featured in the opening montage (featuring past couples of the race) on the premiere of The Amazing Race 26.
- It was a clip of them arguing on the Lob It (aka Spanish tomato fight) Detour in Leg 11.
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (12/12/2006): "Amazing Race 10 Exclusive Interview: Rob & Kim"
- Jenn Brasler at Reality News Online (01/03/2007): "We May Have Come In Second, But the Experience is Worth It"
Social Media Profiles
- Rob's Facebook: /rob.diaz.378
- Kim's Facebook: /kimberly.chabollakaufman
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|