Rob Diaz and Kimberly Chabolla are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 10.
Rob & Kimberly came into the race looking to test their relationship, only to start bickering right out of the gate, and constantly throughout their time on the race. In addition, they suffered multiple vehicular problems that not only resulted in them falling behind, but causing them to argue as well. Nevertheless, they found success due to their physical prowess and alliance with Tyler & James, allowing both teams to make it to the final three. While racing their allies in New York during the final leg, however, they discovered that their taxi driver did not have an E-ZPass for a toll gate, while Tyler & James' driver did, causing them to fall behind. They were never able to overcome this deficit, resulting in them finishing in 2nd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Rob & Kimberly met while bartending in Los Angeles, California. The young couple has been dating for two years and recently moved in together. Their primary reason for running the Race is to see if their relationship can withstand the intensity and pressure of traveling around the world at such a frantic pace.
Rob is currently enrolled in a real estate course in Los Angeles. He describes himself as goofy and compassionate and claims that the biggest difference between him and Kimberly is that she is more structured while he tends to be a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of guy.
Kimberly works in public relations in Los Angeles. She enjoys snowboarding, working out and wake boarding. A self-proclaimed goofball, Kimberly also sees herself as being a neat freak and a little clumsy. Clumsiness aside, she will undoubtedly be a physical threat to the other Teams and won't be afraid to do whatever it takes to win the one million dollar prize. Both Rob & Kimberly love to compete and are ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
The Amazing Race 10
|Rob & Kimberly's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Rob||5 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Kimberly||6 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Rob||3 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Rob||1 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Rob||3 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Kimberly||3 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Kimberly||3 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Used Fast Forward||3 of 6►|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||Rob||4 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||Kimberly||3 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||Rob||3 of 4|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||Kimberly||1 of 4|
|13||12||Spain → France → United States||Art / Fashion||Kimberly||2 of 3|
- The couple broke up sometime after the race.
- In 2009, Kimberly appeared in the home video package of Big Brother 11 contestant, Chima Simone, who is a close friend.
- Rob & Kimberly had previously attempted to apply to The Amazing Race, but something inexplicable kept on happening to their application. They got their chance when a casting agent attempted to recruit Kimberly for Survivor, but she declined and asked to compete on the race instead.
- Rob & Kimberly placed third in 7 out of 12 legs, as well as placing third six legs in a row.
- Rob & Kimberly were the only pre-All Stars couple to be featured in the opening montage (featuring past couples of the race) on the premiere of The Amazing Race 26.
- Eric Goldman at IGN.com (12/12/2006): "Amazing Race 10 Exclusive Interview: Rob & Kim"
- Jenn Brasler at Reality News Online (01/03/2007): "We May Have Come In Second, But the Experience is Worth It"
Social Media Profiles
- Rob's Facebook: /rob.diaz.378
- Kim's Facebook: /kimberly.chabollakaufman
- Rob's Instagram: /robdiaz13
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|