Rob Scheer and Sheila Castle are a team of Lumberjack/Marketing Exec on The Amazing Race 21.
Although they were relegated to the later flight to China on the first leg, Rob & Sheila looked set to escape elimination until they hit the final task of the leg—finding a lady with an abacus. While teams behind them were lucky to encounter locals who pointed them to the exact location of the woman, Rob & Sheila struggled with finding her, at one point not noticing that she was only a few feet away from them. Despite this, they still managed to depart for the Pit Stop ahead of Jaymes & James, though the Chippendales were able to pass them in a tight footrace by just 15 seconds, resulting in the couple being the first team eliminated.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Ketchikan, Alaska
Connection to your teammate: Engaged
Current occupation: Lumberjack & Entrepreneur
Describe what you do: Promote, produce and participate in all things pertaining to Lumberjack sports.
Favorite hobbies: Boating, wilderness hunting and ranching.
3 words to describe you: Strong, deep and responsive.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Building and living a life my son is proud of.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Teddy Roosevelt or Clint Eastwood.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A cross between Martha Stewart and a Victoria's Secret model.
What scares you most about traveling? Cultural and language barriers.
What excites you most about traveling? Newness, intrigue, culture and beauty.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sheila is stubborn and she will have to learn to listen well and not be so stubborn.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Sheila procrastinates when she is busy or frustrated.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India – it is vast and the culture is so varied.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To start our life together with a life changing experience which will redefine us as a couple.
Hometown: Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Connection to your teammate: Engaged
Current occupation: Retail Manager
Describe what you do: I manage retail, guest relations as well as meet with vendors and select products for our gift shop.
Favorite hobbies: Water sports, fishing and cooking.
3 words to describe you: Determined, loving and protective.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I have a strong-willed, smart and beautiful daughter attending Washington State University.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Sharon Osbourne
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? John Wayne
What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers
What excites you most about traveling? The adventure, history and getting to meet new people.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Rob lacks tact and can be very insensitive. He also constantly interrupts me when I am talking.
Pet peeve about your teammate: When Rob thinks he is right about something…that's it, he's RIGHT! No one can tell him different.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy and Greece. Both have interesting cultures, history and gorgeous water.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Our goal is to spend a loving, fun, active and adventurous life together so I think "The Amazing Race" is a perfect way to launch it.
The Amazing Race 21
|Rob & Sheila's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Rob||11 of 11|||
- Rob & Sheila got married after the Race.
- On June 19, 2016, Sheila unexpectedly passed away at the age of 48 of an aneurysm.
- Rob is the brother of Survivor: Panama contestant Tina Scheer, who was also incidentally the first person eliminated from her season.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/01/2012): "We Got Screwed Over"
- Kimberly Nordyke at The Hollywood Reporter (10/01/2012): "First Eliminated Team Reacts to Devastating Finish"
- Sheldon Sherman at Yakkity Yaks (10/01/2012): "The Amazing Race: Yak Chats with Rob & Sheila"
- Reg Seeton at The Deadbolt (10/01/2012): "We shouldn't have trusted anybody"
- Jennifer Still at Digital Spy (10/01/2012): "Rob & Sheila talk getting lost and coming in last"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/02/2012): "The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Rob Scheer and Sheila Castle"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/03/2012): "It was so close, yet so far for the lumberjack and his bride-to-be"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/04/2012): "Ping pong and frog fallopian tubes: not what Rob and Sheila were expecting"
Social Media Profiles
- Sheila's Facebook: /sheila.castle1
|The Amazing Race 21 Teams|