The father-daughter pair came into The Amazing Race 12 looking to forge a stronger relationship as Ron was constantly absent when Christina was younger. However, they immediately encountered problems when Ron revealed an overbearing side towards his daughter which stifled their progress and from which they barely escaped elimination in the second leg. After being confronted over his attitude by Christina, the pair noticeably communicated better in the coming legs, although Ron was still prone to relapsing from time to time. The pair hit their stride and dominated the end of the race to easily make it to the final three where they were in the lead for most of the final leg. However, Christina got stumped at the final Roadblock, which allowed TK & Rachel to pass them, resulting in a 2nd place finish.
They returned in Unfinished Business looking to spend more time together before Christina got married. However, the pair's communication problems resurfaced early on, with Ron getting distracted by almost everything and Christina left having to refocus her father. In the seventh leg, Ron struggled and went off-course during the Roadblock squandering an hour lead that they held over Jet & Cord. The cowboys were able to pass them and the father-daughter pair was never able to catch up, being eliminated in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ronald & Christina are a father/daughter Team who are competing in the Race to make up for lost time. Since Ronald was constantly traveling for work throughout much of his daughter's formative years, Christina hopes the Race will allow her father—a self-proclaimed workaholic—to stop and smell the roses and provide them with some meaningful time together.
Ronald, a first-generation immigrant and eldest of five, works as a Vice President of sales for a paper packaging company. His proudest achievements are his thirty-one years of marriage and raising two independent daughters. Christina is Ronald's youngest daughter and holds degrees from both Duke and Princeton. She once served in the State Department and often wishes her Teammate could be as diplomatic as she.Neither are strangers to the unpredictability of international travel as they have both lived and worked abroad. Ronald describes himself as inquisitive and open-minded, while Christina describes herself as loyal and adventurous. This father/daughter duo is excited to grow closer, make friends across continents and create Race history by being the first father/daughter Team to claim the $1 million prize.
The Amazing Race 12
|Ron & Christina's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ireland||No Detour||Ron||7 of 11|
|2||2||Ireland → Netherlands||Hoist It / Hunt It||Christina||9 of 10|
|3||3||Netherlands → Burkina Faso||Teach It / Learn It||Christina||5 of 9|
|4||4||Burkina Faso||Shake Your Pan / Shake Your Booty||Christina||3 of 8|
|5||5||Burkina Faso → Lithuania||Count Down / Step Up||Ron||3 of 7|
|6||6||Lithuania → Croatia||Short & Long / Long & Short||Ron||1 of 6|
|7||7||Croatia → Italy||Invention / Tradition||Christina||3 of 5|
|8||8||Italy → India||Paste 'Em / Thread 'Em||Ron||3 of 5|
|9||9||India → Japan||Sense of Touch / Sense of Smell||Christina||1 of 4|
|10||10||Japan → Taiwan||Fire / Earth||Ron||1 of 4|
|11||11||Taiwan → United States||Cut the Cod / Grab the Crab||Christina||2 of 3|
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
|Ron & Christina's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Australia||No Detour||Christina||8 of 11|
|2||2||Australia||Spirit World / Natural World||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|3||3||Australia → Japan||Prayer of Purity / Frog of Luck||Ron||3 of 10|
|4||4||Japan → China||Hammer / Horn||Christina||4 of 9|
|5||5||China||Honor the Past / Embrace the Future||Christina||7 of 9|
|6||6||China → India||Hindu Art / Bengali Language||Ron||3 of 8|
|7||7||India||Feed the Fire / Feed the Buffalo||Ron||7 of 7|
- In the premiere of The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business, Christina revealed that she was engaged to fellow The Amazing Race 12 racer Azaria Azene.
- Ron & Christina were featured in a CBS.com gallery celebrating Father's Day in 2015.
- Ron & Christina are the first parent/child team to reach the final three in standard format.
- First Asian-American team to reach the final three on their first season.
- First Asian-American team to finish in 2nd place.
- Tied with the Bransen Family and Sheri & Cole for the highest finish for a co-ed parent/child team, finishing in 2nd place.
- Christopher Roochio at Reality TV World (01/22/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Ronald and Christina Hsu talk The Amazing Race 12"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (01/22/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Ronald and Christina, from 'The Amazing Race'"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at Reality News Online (01/23/2008): "We Really Enjoyed This Magic Carpet Ride"
- Brian Zoromski at IGN.com (01/24/2008): "Amazing Race Interview - Ron & Christina"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (01/24/2008): "Interview with Ron and Christina of The Amazing Race 12"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (01/25/2008): "Amazing Race's Final 3: The Last Pit Stop"
- Julie Zed at Xfinity.com (04/11/2011): "The Show Improved Our Relationship"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (04/11/2011): "We were very aware of our our physical limitations"
- Reality TV World (04/12/2011): "Ronald Hsu and Christina Hsu talk The Amazing Race"
- Carla Patton at BuddyTV (04/12/2011): "Ron and Christina of 'The Amazing Race' Talk Food and Fun Around the World"
- Amanda A. Hamilton at Examiner.com (04/12/2011): "Ron Hsu says wrong street cost team time"
- Digital Spy (04/12/2011): "Ron & Christina talk about hunting sadhus and racing for a third time"
- Allyson Wells at Reality TV Magazine (04/13/2011): "Ron and Christina Discuss Their Second Race"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at Reality News Online (04/18/2011): "We Walk Away with Nothing but Positive Memories"
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|