Ron Young and Kelly McCorkle are a team of Former POW/Pageant Queen on The Amazing Race 7.
After barely escaping elimination in the first leg, Ron & Kelly formed an alliance with Rob & Amber that lasted until the final four, when their former allies Yielded them. However, their relationship dissolved during their time in the race with constant arguments over the future of their relationship, culminating in the realization that they were not meant for each other during the penultimate leg. Despite this, they made it to the final leg where a wrong turn on the way to the airport in Puerto Rico caused them to get a later flight than the two leading teams, relegating them to a 3rd place finish.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ron & Kelly are a dating Team from Villa Rica, Georgia and Greenville, South Carolina, respectively. Ron is a former Iraq War POW who is currently a student at the University of Georgia and works as a motivational speaker. Kelly was crowned Miss South Carolina in 2002 and works as a Legislative Correspondent. Their primary motivation for participating in the Race is strictly for the adventure.
Ron grew up in Lithia Springs, Georgia. A fan of the movie "Top Gun," Ron became a pilot after joining the Army and started flying Apache helicopters. When Ron's helicopter was shot down in Iraq, he was captured, interrogated, held captive and later rescued by the United States Marines. Following his rescue, Ron returned home and was introduced to the reigning Miss South Carolina. The two have been an item ever since. Ron is very competitive and admits he's a thrill seeker. He currently works as a motivational speaker.
Kelly's determination has always been a part of her life. After growing up with a learning disability, she graduated cum laude from North Greenville College. After being crowned Miss South Carolina, she went on to compete in the Miss America pageant. Kelly describes herself as well-rounded and persistent.
This couple has been on quite a roller coaster ride over the past few years, and they're not showing any signs of slowing down. They're ready for a new adventure.
The Amazing Race 7
|Ron & Kelly's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Ron||2 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Ron||4 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Kelly||4 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → South Africa||Tunnels / Tribes||Kelly||2 of 7|
|6||South Africa → Botswana||Food / Water||Ron||1 of 7|
|6||7||Botswana||Carry It / Milk It||Ron||2 of 6|
|8||8||Botswana → India||Solid / Liquid||Kelly||2 of 5|||
|9||Trunk / Dunk||Kelly||2 of 5|
|10||9||India → Turkey||Columns / Kilos||Ron||4 of 4|
|11||10||Turkey → United Kingdom||Brains / Brawn||Kelly||2 of 4<|
|12||11||United Kingdom → Jamaica||Raft It / Build It||Kelly||1 of 3|
|12||Jamaica → Puerto Rico → United States||Pony Up / Tee It Up||Ron||3 of 3|
- Ron & Kelly broke up soon after the race ended, but remain friends.
- Since the show ended, Kelly has been to India twelve-times for non-profit work.
- Ron & Kelly are the first team to finish second to last on the first leg and make it to the final leg.
- First team to be awarded a prize despite not winning that leg (Leg 9).
- Ron's Wikipedia page: Ron Young (United States Army officer)
- Kelly's Wikipedia page: Kelly McCorkle
- Harry Smith on Early Show (05/10/2005): "Uchenna & Joyce Win Race"
- Aaron Earls at The Wardrobe Door (05/11/2005): "Interview with Kelly from The Amazing Race"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (05/17/2005): "Why Ron and Kelly Split"
- TARflies (07/02/2005): "Life Lessons" with Kelly"
- Logan Saunders & Michael Harmstone at RTV Warriors (09/12/2018):"The Woman Who Stares at Buses"
Social Media Profiles
- Kelly's Facebook: /kelly.parkison
- Ron's Facebook: /ron.young.96930
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|