Samantha "Sam" Schoers and Renae Wauhop are a team of Models on The Amazing Race Australia 1.
Retrieved from au.tv.yahoo.com
They've got the looks and they won't be afraid to use it to their advantage. But do these glamazons have the brains to match?
"People will look at us and go, 'They're these blonde models and they don't know anything,' but they don't know our background, how intelligent we are and our levels of fitness as well," says 22-year-old Sam.
Sam and Renae both model part-time, while Sam's also a VIP host at Perth's Burswood Casino. Renae works in hospitality and does maintenance work for a ute hire company and is capable of fixing a truck – hardly typical of someone who was runner-up in Miss Universe Australia 2010.
"I'm definitely the tomboy in this partnership," admits Renae.
They've been best friends since they met in a bar four years ago, and like to train and hang out at the beach together.
"Sam is more serious and I'm very laid back. But we complement each other," says Renae.
While Renae only rates her knowledge of geography a one out of 10, she is quick to point out she knows "everywhere in Australia though, just nowhere outside of Australia".
Sam brings her own unique experiences to the race as a former flight attendant, so she's more than prepared for the long flights ahead.
But these determined young women know they need to have a serious game plan if they're in with a chance to win the race. Sam says they've already decided that Renae will be responsible for driving, navigating and strength challenges, while Sam is the team leader and best with challenges involving eating or heights.
The girls have also discussed how they'll handle the stress the race could place on their friendship.
"We're kidding ourselves if we think we're not going to fight," says Renae. "Everyone cracks under pressure but they don't always mean what they say."
Sam has also mentioned how much she will miss her boyfriend Brad.S. "its going to be hard to be away from him for so long but we will manage."
The Amazing Race Australia 1
|Sam & Renae's Race History|
|1||1||Australia → Indonesia||Cash / Carry||Renae||1 of 11|
|2||2||Indonesia → Vietnam||Carry Fowl / Carabao||Sam||5 of 11|
|3||3||Vietnam → Hong Kong → Macau||Lion Dance / Kung Fu Stance||Sam||8 of 10ϵ|||
|4||4||Macau → South Africa||Smash / Bash||Sam||5 of 9|
|5||5||South Africa||Guns / Rosé||Renae||6 of 8|
|6||6||South Africa → Netherlands → Czech Republic||Chivalry / Delivery||Renae||6 of 7|
|7||7||Czech Republic||Stack Up / Stack In||Sam||4 of 6|
|8||8||Czech Republic → Poland||Herd / Hoe Down||Renae||3 of 6|||
|9||9||Poland → Israel||Find Unseen / Make 13||Renae||4 of 5|
|10||10||Israel||Pilgrim's Trail / Holy Grail||Sam||4 of 4|
|11||11||Israel → Sri Lanka||Count / Carry||Renae||1 of 4|||
|12||12||Sri Lanka → Singapore → Australia||Dare / Stair||Sam||2 of 3|
- In 2016, Renae entered a relationship with Travis Taylor. The couple would eventually marry in 2019.
- Renae has since given birth to the couple's son, Jack Gray Taylor.
- In 2019, Sam competed on the fourth season of the Network Ten incarnation of Australian Survivor. Sam was voted out on Day 16 in 18th Place.
- Sam & Renae are the first all-female team to have nullified Marked for Elimination penalty by finishing first and are one of four overall.
- First team to win a leg.
- First team to win the Express Pass and subsequently use to the Express to bypass a task.
- First all-female team to win more than one leg.
- Only all-female team on the Seven Network incarnation of the Amazing Race Australia to win more than one leg.
- First team to win a leg after receiving a time penalty which did not affect their placement.
- First team to qualify for the final leg.
- First all-female team to cross the Finish Line.
- Highest finish for an all-female team, 2nd place.
- Erica Thompson at Dominion Post (10/18/2011): "Blonde ambition"
Social Media Profiles
- Sam's Facebook: /samantha.schoers
- Renae's Facebook: /renae.wauhop
- Sam's Instagram: /samschoers
- Renae's Twitter: @renaewauhop
|The Amazing Race Australia 1 Teams|