Mark Schroeder, Char Schroeder, Nastassia Bianca "Stassi" Schroeder, and Hunter Schroeder are a team of Dad, Stepmom and Kids on The Amazing Race: Family Edition.
Despite strong finishes in the first three legs, the Schroeder Family fell apart in the fourth leg when they got lost trying to find a park which Mark admitted to only being five minutes away from his previous workplace. This, combined with their arguing throughout the leg, caused them to be eliminated in their hometown, New Orleans, in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Mark and Char Schroeder are from New Orleans, Louisiana. Mark's two children from a previous marriage, Stassi, 16, and Hunter, 14, round out the well-traveled team.
Mark, 40, is an architect. He enjoys painting, working out and is admittedly arrogant and confident. Mark hopes the Race will teach his family how to rely on each other.
Char, 39, works as a public relations director. Focused and friendly, Char is the family mediator and is forced to step in to resolve family conflicts from time to time.
Stassi is the queen of the family. Outgoing and adventurous, she is entering her senior year of high school.
Her younger brother, Hunter, is entering ninth grade this fall. He describes himself as preppy and hyper. Several of Hunter's teammates complain that he can be lazy at times—a trait not commonly found in the Race.
As they embark on the ultimate family vacation, the ultra-competitive Schroeders are ready for any challenges the Race throws their way.
The Amazing Race: Family Edition
|The Schroeder Family's Race History|
|1||1||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Build It / Buggy It||No Roadblock||5 of 10|
|2||2||Pennsylvania → District of Columbia → Virginia||Heat of the Battle / Heat of the Night||Mark||4 of 9|
|3||3||Virginia → South Carolina → Alabama||Forrest Gump / Muddy Waters||Mark & Stassi||3 of 8|
|4||4||Alabama → Mississippi → Louisiana||Work / Play||Hunter||7 of 7|
- The Schroeders stayed with the Rogers Family after the show due to Hurricane Katrina.
- Stassi appeared on the reality TV series Queen Bees in 2008.
- Stassi was cast in the Bravo TV reality series Vanderpump Rules. She was removed from the show on June 9, 2020 following a series of racist remarks and dismissive comments about the #metoo movement.
- In 2019, Stassi released a book called Next Level Basic.
- In 2020, Stassi became engaged to Beau Clark.
- Mark and Char separated. Mark is married to Tara Golda Engeran.
- The Schroeder Family are the first stepparent/stepchildren team in the franchise.
- The Schroeder Family are the only team to be eliminated in their hometown.
- Stassi's Wikipedia page: Stassi Schroeder
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (09/27/2005): "Race Preps One Family For Storm"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (10/25/2005): "Family's Race Was Calm Before the Storm"
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (10/19/2005): "Amazing Race Castoffs"
- Jenn Brasler at RealityNewsOnline (10/20/2005): "We Lost Everything But We are Still a Family"
Social Media Profiles
- Mark's Facebook: /mark.schroeder.1420
- Hunter's Facebook: /Colt45qz
- Stassi's Facebook: /StassiSchroeder
- Stassi's Instagram: /stassischroeder
- Stassi's Twitter: @stassi
|The Amazing Race: Family Edition Teams|