Tara Lynch and Wil Steger are a Separated Couple team on The Amazing Race 2.
Often regarded as the original fighting couple team, their deteriorating relationship became the focus of the season, with Tara constantly flirting with Alex despite Wil's complaints that they should be running the race for themselves. In the finale, Tara was unable to keep up during the long run to the Finish Line, allowing Chris & Alex to pass them and leave them 2nd, and providing a cautionary tale to all future teams on being careful when making alliances.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “Our biggest advantage is that we travel a lot now. We're pretty good at getting around; we're pretty good at removing obstacles in our path.”
Tara and Wil met five years ago on what Tara calls "a blind date from hell." They travel together frequently, and usually get along quite well, disagreeing mostly on financial issues. According to Wil, the best aspect of traveling with Tara is that they both know what they are doing; the worst aspect is that "Tara has to eat vegetarian."
The pair decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE because they are business partners. Wil thinks the experience might bring them closer together, but Tara has a slightly different take: "Our relationship is so screwed up, I don't think it will affect it either way."
What is your favorite film?
What is your favorite TV show?
Who is your favorite actor?
Who is your favorite actress
What is your favorite band?
What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
The Amazing Race 2
|Tara & Wil's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Tara||3 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Wil||2 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Slide / Stride||Tara||3 of 8|
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Wil||3 of 7|
|6||6||Thailand||Boat / Beast||Wil||5 of 6|
|7||7||Thailand → Hong Kong||Wishing Tree / Herbal Tea||Tara||3 of 6|
|8||8||Hong Kong → Australia||Dragon / Lion||Wil||4 of 5|||
|9||Australia||Cool Down / Heat Up||Tara||3 of 5|
|9||10||Australia → New Zealand||Quick Jump / Long Hike||Wil||2 of 4|
|10||11||New Zealand||Used Fast Forward||1 of 4►|
|11||12||New Zealand → United States||Bike / Walk||Wil||1 of 3|||
|13||United States||Unknown||Wil||2 of 3|||
- After the race, Wil stated that due to the fact that he and Tara were complete opposites, their divorce would be finalized but they remain friends and business partners.
- Tara helped co-found Funktion Home which sells kitchen aprons.
- First team to win the first leg of the race without using the Fast Forward.
- First team to win a prize for finishing first on a leg (other than the Finish Line).
- First team to use (and win) the Fast Forward at the very last opportunity.
- Highest average placing team of Season 2 at 2.46.
- According to Wil, he and Tara only had found out they were still legally married after the producers did a background check. The couple had believed the monk (that officiated their wedding in 1999) had never turned in their papers as the couple "broke-up" only a few weeks later.
Social Media Profiles
- Tara's business page's Website: http://funktionhome.com/shop/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080918052519/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race2/teams/bios/tara.shtml
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20020401222241/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race2/teams/qa/tara.shtml
- ↑ http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=printer_format&om=847&forum=DCForumID20
- ↑ https://www.thegrommet.com/382-funktion-home-retro-design-aprons
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20051218023745/http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article1929.art&page=1
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=269
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|