Terence Gerchberg and Sarah Leshner are a Newly Dating team on The Amazing Race 13.
Although the couple constantly raced near the front of the pack, they sometimes encountered problems in their relationship due to what their competitors saw as Terence's controlling nature. Despite their relationship issues and tendency to make small mistakes that prevented them from winning a leg, they made it to the final five. In Kazakhstan, they raced Nick & Starr for the Fast Forward, only to discover that it involved eating meat, which Terence could not do due to being a vegetarian. They thus had to backtrack and were never able to catch up to the other teams, finishing in 5th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Terence and Sarah have been dating for almost a year, but they couldn't be more different.
Sarah has an MBA from Wharton and is often the only woman in meetings during her long days working on Wall Street, while Terence sells real estate to pay the bills and satisfies his true passion by coaching runners.
Sarah claims that the biggest difference between the two is that she is lower maintenance and Terence is more emotional. However, she believes they share a competitive spirit and they're smart, energetic, adventurous as well as fearless.
Terence describes himself as witty, sensitive and driven. One of his proudest accomplishments is finishing the last two New York City Marathons in under three hours.
This Team is determined to prove to themselves whether they belong together while on the Race. They hope that being well-traveled, physically fit, and highly competitive will help them win the $1 million. They think their biggest weakness could be the tendency to become too intense, fighting amongst themselves, or their dietary restrictions. Regardless of whether they win or not, this adventure will definitely be a journey that could make or break them.
The Amazing Race 13
|Terence & Sarah's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Sarah||3 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Sarah||3 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Matter of Time / Matter of Skill||Terence||2 of 8|
|5||5||New Zealand → Cambodia||Village Life / Village Work||Terence||3 of 7|||
|6||6||Cambodia → India||Launder Money / Launder Clothes||Sarah||4 of 6|
|7||7||India||Bleary Eyed / Teary Eyed||Terence||3 of 6|
|8||8||India → Kazakhstan||Play Like Mad / Act Like Fools||Sarah||5 of 5|
- Terence and Sarah broke up sometime after the race, but they still remain good friends.
- Sarah has since married and has two children with her husband.
- Terence was present at the Starting Line to witness the start of The Amazing Race 25.
- Sarah is a practicing Jew, and declared after the race that had she and Terence been in the running during the Passover holiday (as The Amazing Race 13 was filmed in the spring), she would have refrained from challenges that included eating non-Kosher-for-Passover items during that time.
- Terence & Sarah are the first team to be eliminated in Kazakhstan.
- Rich Shapiro at New York Daily News (09/27/2008): "New York couple braves five continents on CBS' Amazing Race"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (11/17/2008): "Exclusive: Amazing racers Terrence Gerchberg, Sarah Leshner dish"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (11/17/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Terence and Sarah, from The Amazing Race 13"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (11/17/2008): "Interview with Terence and Sarah of The Amazing Race 13"
- Nicholas White at People.com (11/18/2008): "Amazing Races' Terence & Sarah: Losing was 'horrible' and 'depressing'"
- Julie Zied at Xfinity.com (11/18/2008): "Terence and Sarah Blame It On The Editing. After You Read This, You May Not"
- The Bonnie Hunt Show (11/18/2008): "The Latest Eliminated Team From The Amazing Race 13"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (11/20/2008): "We Never Quit on Anything"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (11/10/2012): "Amazing Race Blog: Sarah Leshner on Amazing Race 21"
Social Media Profiles
- Terence's Facebook: /terence.gerchberg
- Terence's Instagram: /coachamazing
- Terence's Twitter: @coachamazing
- Sarah's Facebook: /sarah.leshner
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|