Terence Gerchberg and Sarah Leshner are a Newly Dating team on The Amazing Race 13.
They constantly raced near the top of the pack despite Terence's constant need for attention, and Sarah taking the smallest things personally. However, in leg 8 they decided to race Nick & Starr for the Fast Forward. Vegetarian Terence quickly realized he was in over his head when he saw the Fast Forward involved eating meat, but by the time they gave up and returned to the Roadblock it was too late, they were too far behind to catch Andrew & Dan, even with the boys' navigation problems and being forced to go back and run the route to the Pit Stop after taking an illegal cab, and they were eliminated in 5th.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Terence and Sarah have been dating for almost a year, but they couldn't be more different.
Sarah has an MBA from Wharton and is often the only woman in meetings during her long days working on Wall Street, while Terence sells real estate to pay the bills and satisfies his true passion by coaching runners.
Sarah claims that the biggest difference between the two is that she is lower maintenance and Terence is more emotional. However, she believes they share a competitive spirit and they're smart, energetic, adventurous as well as fearless.
Terence describes himself as witty, sensitive and driven. One of his proudest accomplishments is finishing the last two New York City Marathons in under three hours.
This Team is determined to prove to themselves whether they belong together while on the Race. They hope that being well-traveled, physically fit, and highly competitive will help them win the $1 million. They think their biggest weakness could be the tendency to become too intense, fighting amongst themselves, or their dietary restrictions. Regardless of whether they win or not, this adventure will definitely be a journey that could make or break them.
The Amazing Race 13
|Terence & Sarah's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Sarah||3 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Sarah||3 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Matter of Time / Matter of Skill||Terence||2 of 8|
|5||5||New Zealand → Cambodia||Village Life / Village Work||Terence||3 of 7|||
|6||6||Cambodia → India||Launder Money / Launder Clothes||Sarah||4 of 6|
|7||7||India||Bleary Eyed / Teary Eyed||Terence||3 of 6|
|8||8||India → Kazakhstan||Play Like Mad / Act Like Fools||Sarah||5 of 5|
- Terence and Sarah broke up sometime after the race, but they still remain good friends.
- Sarah has since married and has a son.
- For Season 25 premiere, Terence was present at the Starting Line (at Times Square) to witness the start of the new season.
- Sarah is a practicing Jew, and declared after the race that had she and Terence been in the running during the Passover holiday (as this Race was run in the spring) she would have refrained from challenges that included eating non-Kosher-for-Passover items during that time.
- They were eliminated before the Passover holiday started and subsequently celebrated while in sequester. Ironically, Terence's vegetarianism cost them the Fast Forward.
- Terence & Sarah are the first team to be eliminated in Kazakhstan.
- Rich Shapiro at New York Daily News (09/27/2008): "New York couple braves five continents on CBS' Amazing Race"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (11/17/2008): "Exclusive: Amazing racers Terrence Gerchberg, Sarah Leshner dish"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (11/17/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Terence and Sarah, from The Amazing Race 13"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (11/17/2008): "Interview with Terence and Sarah of The Amazing Race 13"
- Nicholas White at People.com (11/18/2008): "Losing was horrible and depressing"
- Julie Zied at Xfinity.com (11/18/2008): "Terence and Sarah Blame It On The Editing. After You Read This, You May Not"
- The Bonnie Hunt Show (11/18/2008): "The Latest Eliminated Team From The Amazing Race 13"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (11/20/2008): "We Never Quit on Anything"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (11/10/2012): "Amazing Race Blog: Sarah Leshner on Amazing Race 21"
Social Media Profiles
- Terence's Facebook: /terence.gerchberg
- Terence's Twitter: @coachamazing
- Terence's Instagram: /coachamazing
- Sarah's Facebook: /sarah.leshner
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|