The Final Push is the season finale of The Amazing Race 12.
The order of departure from Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall are as follows:
Teams must take a taxi to Ship Creek Boat Launch, where they would find their next clue.
Choice A: Cut the Cod
Teams must cut through several 50-pound Ling Cod and search for a miniature clue hidden in one of the fish. Nicolas & Donald and Ron & Christina chose this task.
Choice B: Grab the Crab
Teams must jump into the hold of a boat swarming with over 500 live crabs. Then, they must search through the nipping crustaceans for a crab marked with Race colors and exchange it for their next clue. Only TK & Rachel chose this task.
Teams must take a taxi to a marked boat landing along Twentymile River, then ride a high-speed ferry to Twenty-Mile Glacier. Once there, teams must climb a wall of ice to the top of the glacier, where they would find their next clue.
"Who wants to relive your experience on the race? Memory and logic are key." The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock must face a field of objects they encountered along the race course. Each team must match 10 of 15 recognizable items from previous legs of the Race, but the combination of items had to meet the following requirements:
- There can only be one item from each leg of the race; and
- Of the 10 items:
Teams must take taxi to "Cook's Eye View of the Sleeping Lady", leaving teams to figure out that this referred to the Statue of James Cook overlooking Mount Susitna at Resolution Park, where they would find their next clue.
Teams must make their way on foot to the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts and find the Salmon Hooker Statue, where they would find their next clue.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • ⊂ Used the U-Turn • ⊃ Recipient of the U-Turn
- This leg marked the first time that the Finish Line was located in Alaska.
- The episode title is said by TK Erwin.
- Craig Tomashoff at TV Guide Online (01/18/2008): "The Amazing Race 12 Finale Preview: Who Will Win?"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (01/20/2008): "The Amazing Race 12: Finale Recap"
- Ladytex at BuddyTV (01/21/2008): "Nice Guys CAN Finish First"
- Christine Sehgers at IGN.com (01/22/2008): "TAR Season 12 Finale Recap"