Tiffany Chantell Torres and Krista DeBono are a team of Former Cheerleaders on The Amazing Race 27.
Tiffany & Krista started out as underdogs whom their competitors did not take seriously as threats, especially given their low placements early in the race. The cheerleaders eventually found their groove, however, and began racing near the front of the pack. This, along with their strong bonds with the other teams, allowed them to make it to the final four. They found themselves in the lead during the penultimate leg in Hong Kong, but were bunched with the other teams on the ferry to Macau. Krista then struggled at the Roadblock, losing them the lead and allowing Justin & Diana to catch up and pass them. Although Justin & Diana would receive a penalty at the Pit Stop that allowed the cheerleaders to catch up, Krista's multiple attempts at the Roadblock, along with getting into a taxi that got them lost, resulted in Tiffany & Krista checking in just after Justin & Diana's penalty expired, resulting in their elimination in 4th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Little Falls, N.J. (Currently lives in Hoboken, N.J.)
Connection to your teammate: Former NFL Cheerleader for the NY Jets
Current occupation: Consultant for Physicians in Healthcare
Describe what you do: I simplify Healthcare Accreditation and Compliance for organizations so they can effectively and efficiently integrate requirements and patient safety initiatives into their day to day activities.
3 words to describe you: Outgoing, adventurous and passionate.
Favorite hobbies: Dancing, fitness/working out and hair extensions.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My biggest accomplishment as of now is making the New York Jets Flight Crew Cheerleading Squad.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Brooke Burke because she is my role model and a powerful woman who does it all even with 5 kids.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Leah Remini, because she is super funny and has the same sense of humor as Krista.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing scares me about traveling. If I could become a flight attendant, I would because they get to travel the world.
What excites you most about traveling? I love seeing and visiting different countries and learning about the different cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both very stubborn and will need to learn how to communicate better if there is a situation when we both think we are right, when in fact one of us is wrong.
Pet peeve about your teammate: When things don't go her way, she tends to talk under her breath instead of talking aloud and resolving the issue.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to go to Paris. I am such a sightseer. Seeing the different pictures of foods, fashion and love sights, just makes me want to live there. It's very bourgeoisie.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Krista and I are practically sisters from another mother. We have this bond that no one can break. We are going to become closer than we are now and know things about each other that we have never known before.
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Former NFL Cheerleaders for the NY Jets
Current occupation: Speech pathologist
Describe what you do: I'm a speech language pathologist for students with special needs, such as autism. I provide language therapy to children's ages 3 to 8. I'm also a professional dancer.
3 words to describe you: Determined, beyond outgoing and witty/sarcastic.
Favorite hobbies: Dancing, working out/fitness and reading/puzzles.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making an NFL Cheerleading team while getting my master's degree.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Leah Remini. Everyone tells me my sarcastic personality and accent is just like hers. It actually was my sorority nickname.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Brooke Burke- she's glamorous and also a strong woman. Tiff looks just like her too.
What scares you most about traveling? Truthfully, nothing. I absolutely love to travel and my dream is to travel the world.
What excites you most about traveling? I come from NYC so I am excited to see new cities but most of all learn about different cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We both can be stubborn at times and have strong personalities. We need to learn to take the back seat sometimes and not always think we are the right ones.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She can get snippy sometimes if things don't always go her way.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy. My dream is to visit Italy to see my roots and culture. I would like to see the area my family came from.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We have an extremely close bond and I know that will become even stronger when we face challenges together. This experience will help me learn things about her that I never knew before.
The Amazing Race 27
|Tiffany & Krista's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Sand / Sidewalk||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil → Argentina||Cartoneros / Fleteros||Krista||6 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Horse / Carriage||Tiffany||8 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Zambia → Zimbabwe||Co-Op / Croquet||Krista||8 of 8⊂|||
|5||5||Zimbabwe||Crocs / Canoes||Tiffany||5 of 8|
|6||6||Zimbabwe → France||Drops Mic / Bust a Crab||Krista||2 of 7|||
|7||7||France → Netherlands||Ship / Skip||Krista||3 of 7|
|8||8||Netherlands → Poland||Mine / Music||Tiffany||5 of 6|
|9||9||Poland → India||Cans / Candy||Krista||4 of 6|
|10||10||India||Bring the Groom / Bring the Fun||Tiffany||3 of 5|
|11||11||India → Hong Kong → Macau||Sam's / Cells||Krista||4 of 4|
- Tiffany & Krista competed on The Price is Right for a The Amazing Race primetime special that aired on May 25, 2016. Tiffany & Krista helped their contestant win $8,000 in their pricing game. However, the trio failed to make it to the Showcase Showdown.
- In June 2016, Tiffany appeared in the introductory video package of Big Brother 18 contestant, Natalie Negrotti, who is a close friend of hers.
- In 2017, Krista was the Pit Stop greeter on the second leg of HaMerotz LaMillion 6 in New York City.
- Krista competed on the second real-life edition of Audrey Middleton's game Sequester. She was eliminated after the fourth battle match and placed 14th.
- Tiffany & Krista are both former cheerleaders of the NFL team, New York Jets.
- Their friend and fellow cheerleader, Natalie Negrotti, participated in Big Brother 18.
- Krista is of Italian descent.
- In the American version, Tiffany & Krista were the first team eliminated in Macau.
- Rob Cesternino at Rob has a Website (12/08/2015): "Exit Interview with the 8th team eliminated"
- Lauren Dubois at Enstars: "'The Amazing Race' Season 27 Cast: Tiffany & Krista Dish About Their Experience & Relationship With Tanner & Josh"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (12/2015): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' "Former NFL Cheerleaders" Tiffany Chantell and Krista Debono talk" (Parts 1 & 2)
- Tiffany's Facebook: /TiffanyChantellRosania
- Krista's Facebook: /krista.kimberly
- Tiffany's Instagram: /mstiffanychantell
- Krista's Instagram: /krista_kimberly
- Tiffany's Twitter: @tiffanyChantell
- Krista's Twitter: @kristakimberly
|The Amazing Race 27 Teams|