Trey Addison Wier and Alexis "Lexi" Beerman are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 21.
Coming into the race without any prior foreign travel experience, Trey & Lexi struggled with the traveling aspect of the race, having to rely on allies Jaymes & James and Natalie & Nadiya for help. The alliance, which christened themselves the Dream Team, went on to dominate the second half race, leading by almost half a day from their competitors, and orchestrated their rivals Abbie & Ryan's demise with a U-Turn plot. This alliance allowed Trey & Lexi to find their footing in the race, winning three legs on their way to the final three. They led for most of the final leg until Lexi struggled with the final Roadblock, resigning them to a 3rd place finish.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Land Consultant/Former College Athlete (Played football for the University of Texas)
Describe what you do: I sell acreage communities in the hill country of Texas.
Favorite hobbies: Hunting, fishing, sports and cooking.
3 words to describe you: Spontaneous, happy and positive.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Graduating from the University of Texas.
What famous person reminds you of yourself: A physically fit Chris Farley.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate: Reese Witherspoon
What scares you most about traveling: Getting lost and left alone.
What excites you most about traveling: Experiencing new cultures and seeing new things.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes I am too blunt when I am talking to Lexi. I don't realize that she is not one of my guy friends, but my girlfriend. I need to be better about realizing that she is a woman and need better communication when talking to her.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She talks too loud on the phone and she never puts things back where they belong.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why: Czech Republic, because my ancestors are from Czechoslovakia.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks): I want to experience different cultures and see how other people live. Lexi and I have lived pretty sheltered lives and I know we both have so much to learn.
Hometown: Dripping Springs, Texas
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Clothing designer
Describe what you do: I am the clothing designer and head of sales for ATX Mafia, an Austin-based clothing company. We sell everything from tees, hats and handbags.
Favorite hobbies: Crafting, dancing, riding wave runners on the lake & going on runs with my pups!
Three words to describe you: Happy, giving and driven.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Accomplishing my dream since the age of 5 to attend the University of Texas and be a UT Cheerleader.
What famous person reminds you of yourself: Carrie Underwood
What famous person reminds you of your teammate: Kevin James from "King of Queens."
What scares you most about traveling: Getting lost in a foreign country where no one speaks English.
What excites you most about traveling: Growing closer to Trey and having the experience to travel the world together.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both very stubborn and I know this race will give us the opportunity to work on letting some of the stubbornness go.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He is more stubborn in his ways than me. Also he is the slowest eater ever.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why: Africa – I have always wanted to go there. I would love to experience their culture and spend some time there.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks): Becoming more cultured and having the opportunity to experience a very unique journey with my best friend.
The Amazing Race 21
|Trey & Lexi's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Trey||9 of 11|||
|2||2||China → Indonesia||Ice-by-the-Pound / Fish-by-the-Barrel||Lexi||2 of 10|
|3||3||Indonesia||Lion's Head / Egg Head||Lexi||2 of 9|
|4||4||Indonesia → Bangladesh||Pound the Metal / Pound the Cotton||Trey||7 of 8|
|5||5||Bangladesh||Straw Dogs / Bamboo Jungle||Trey||5 of 7|
|6||6||Bangladesh → Turkey||Simit / Scrub It||Lexi||1 of 7|
|7||7||Turkey → Russia||Alphabetized / Synchronized||Trey||1 of 6|
|8||8||Russia||Movers / Shakers||Lexi||2 of 6|
|9||9||Russia → Netherlands||Back in Time / Organ to Grind||Trey||3 of 5⋐|||
|10||10||Netherlands → Spain||Spin It / Bull It||Trey||1 of 4|
|11||11||Spain → France||Chow / Plow||Lexi||2 of 4|
|12||France → United States||No Detour||Trey||3 of 3|||
- Shortly after the race, Trey and Lexi got engaged. They later married on May 25, 2013.
- Trey & Lexi appeared as audience members in the Survivor: San Juan Del Sur finale to congratulate The Amazing Race 21 castmate Natalie Anderson's victory in that season.
- On February 17, 2018, Lexi gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter named Moxie Mae Wier.
- In February 2020, Lexi gave birth to the couple's second child, a daughter named Blaze Addison Wier.
- Gaby Moran at TexasSports.com (09/30/2012): "Former Longhorns partner up for adventure"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (12/11/2012): "Exclusive: Trey Wier and Alexis 'Lexi' Beerman talk The Amazing Race" (Parts 1 & 2)
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (12/12/2012): "We Don't Feel Guilty About Splitting the Rockers' Money"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (12/12/2012): "Elimination Interview: Trey and Lexi"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (12/12/2012): "Third place team talks about alliances, found money and traveling the world"
- Sheldon Sherman at Yakkity Yaks (12/12/2012): "The Amazing Race: The Yak Chats with Trey and Lexi"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/13/2012): "The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Trey Wier and Lexi Beerman"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (12/18/2012): "After dominating the last leg of The Amazing Race, Trey and Lexi frustrated with finishing third"
Social Media Profiles
- Trey & Lexi's Facebook: /TexandLex
- Trey's Facebook: /trey.a.wier
- Lexi's Facebook: /lexi.beerman
- Lexi's Twitter: @lexibeerman
- Lexi's Instagram: /lexibeerman
- Trey's Instagram: /trey_a_wier
|The Amazing Race 21 Teams|