Linda Weaver, Rebecca Weaver, Rachel Weaver, and Rolly Weaver are a team of Widow and Kids on The Amazing Race: Family Edition.
Coming into the race while dealing with their father's death in a racing accident, the Weaver Family constantly had to face their trauma while performing tasks related to vehicles and motorsport. However, their antics and tendency to isolate themselves earned them the ire of every other team in the final eight, resulting in them being Yielded twice, but surviving both times. They eventually made it to the final three, but after getting lost on the way to Niagara Falls on the final leg, they finished in 3rd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
The Weaver family hails from Ormond Beach, Florida. Linda, the mother of three, lost her husband and their father almost two years ago in an accident at Daytona International Speedway. Linda's children are Rebecca, 19, Rachel, 16, and the lone man of the team, Rolly, who's 14.
Since her husband's death, Linda, 46, has been forced to play the role of both breadwinner and nurturer. Linda is an elementary school teacher who is hoping her experiences on THE AMAZING RACE will alleviate some of the heartache from the past couple of years.
Rebecca enjoys surfing and horseback riding. Her proudest accomplishment is getting through the turmoil of losing her father without going crazy.
Rachel is a junior in high school who likes four-wheeling and riding horses.
Rolly, the youngest team member, enjoys football and basketball. He admits that he's running the Race for his father.
All three children and their mother have dealt with their loss in their own distinct ways and are looking forward to the experience of traveling and competing together as a family.
The Amazing Race: Family Edition
|The Weaver Family's Race History|
|1||1||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Build It / Buggy It||No Roadblock||3 of 10|
|2||2||Pennsylvania → District of Columbia → Virginia||Heat of the Battle / Heat of the Night||Rebecca||1 of 9|
|3||3||Virginia → South Carolina → Alabama||Forrest Gump / Muddy Waters||Rebecca & Rolly||5 of 8|
|4||4||Alabama → Mississippi → Louisiana||Work / Play||Rolly||5 of 7|
|5||5||Louisiana → Panama||Rhythm / Coos||Rolly||2 of 6|
|6||6||Panama → Costa Rica||Relic / Ripe||Rachel||5 of 6<|
|7||7||Costa Rica → Arizona||Brush / Barrel||Linda||2 of 5|
|8||Arizona||Bearing / Bailing||Rolly||3 of 5|
|8||9||Arizona → Utah||Ride Down / Drop Down||Rolly||4 of 4<|
|9||10||Utah → Wyoming → Montana||Spike It / Steam It||Rebecca & Rachel||2 of 4|||
|10||Pioneer Spirit / Native Tradition||Linda & Rolly||3 of 4|
|11||11||Montana → Canada → New York||Slide It / Roll It||Rolly||3 of 3|||
|Ship / Shoe||Rebecca||3 of 3|
- The family later expressed disgruntlement of their edit on the show.
- In February 2006, host Phil Keoghan revealed that he had directly expressed disappointment to the family about their behavior and performance during production.
- Linda has since re-married.
- Rolly is a now professional bike-cyclist.
- The only team on The Amazing Race: Family Edition to have three team members under 20 years of age.
- The Weaver family are the first team to be Yielded multiple times.
- First mother-child team to qualify for the final leg and subsequently cross the Finish Line
- Rolly, age 14 is the youngest to complete six Roadblocks, and the youngest contestant to make it to the final three.
- Ludmilla Lelis at Orlando Sentinel (09/23/2005): "After A Racing Tragedy"
- Chase Squires at SPTimes.com (09/27/2005): "Amazing Race trekker has St. Petersburg ties"
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (12/14/2005): "Linzes Land $1M Race Prize"
- Chase Squires at SPTimes.com (12/15/2005): "Family happy with Amazing experience"
Social Media Profiles
- Linda's Facebook: /linda.s.weaver.1
- Rebecca's Facebook: /kevnbec
- Rolly's Facebook: /rolly.weaver.3
|The Amazing Race: Family Edition Teams|