You're the Apple in My Eye is the eighth episode of The Amazing Race 31.
The order of departure from Michaelskirche are as follows:
Teams must drive to Ballenberg Community Hall. Once there, they will need to wait for further instructions.
At Ballenberg Community Hall, teams would vote for a team to U-Turn, verbally and in front of the other teams. The two teams with the most votes would be U-Turned. The teams voted as follows:
- Becca & Floyd voted for Colin & Christie
- Chris & Bret voted for Rachel & Elissa
- Colin & Christie voted for Rachel & Elissa
- Leo & Jamal voted for Colin & Christie
- Nicole & Victor voted for Leo & Jamal
- Rachel & Elissa voted for Colin & Christie
- Tyler & Korey voted for Nicole & Victor
At Ballenberg Community Hall, Nicole & Victor would receive their clue for their Speed Bump. Nicole & Victor must fold the 26 Swiss canton flags in the Ballenberg Community Hall and place them in a basket before they could continue racing.
Choice A: Make Hay
One team member would use a scythe to cut a lane of grass, while their partner rakes it. They then have to properly stack the grass to dry into hay to receive their next clue. Becca & Floyd, Chris & Bret, Leo & Jamal, and Tyler & Korey chose this task.
Choice B: Cow Festival
Teams must use the provided materials to make a floral head dressing and place it on a cow's head. They then have to lead the cow to a festival and would receive their next clue if the head dressing was properly made. Colin & Christie, Nicole & Victor, and Rachel & Elissa chose this task.
Teams must drive themselves to Oberschwanden to find their next clue.
The team member assigned to this Roadblock must use a crossbow to shoot an apple off a scarecrow's head much like Swiss folk hero William Tell to receive their next clue. If racers struck the scarecrow, they have to reassemble it before taking another shot. The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Teams must drive to Lake Brienz, then take a motorboat to the marked pier on the opposite side of the lake. Once there, they must make their way by foot or funicular to Grand Hotel Giessbach, the Pit Stop, and check in.
For coming in first place, Tyler & Korey won a seven-day river cruise for two to Vietnam and Cambodia.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • ⊂ User of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⊃ Recipient of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⋐ User of the second Double U-Turn slot • ⋑ Recipient of the second Double U-Turn slot• ~ Team that lost the Double Battle
- This episode's title was said by Korey.
- This episode marks the first time Rachel had ever been eliminated.
- With Rachel & Elissa's elimination, Nicole & Victor are the last Big Brother team standing.
- The Detour options on the teams' clues were listed as Haymaking and Cow Dressing; however, the graphics on the show listed the Detour options as Make Hay and Cow Festival.
- Denver-CBS4 (06/04/2019): "Positive Mindset: Team Fun Talks About Strategy"
|The Amazing Race 31 Episodes|
"You're in Our Race Now" · "Knock the Newbie Out of Us" · "Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy" · "I Took Out a Polar Bear" · "I'm a Bird, I'm a Plane, I'm on The Amazing Race" · "Who Wants a Rolex?" · "Living Fearlessly" · "You're the Apple in My Eye" · "Let's Split!" · "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!" · "This One Is for One Million Dollars"