The two friends came into The Amazing Race 15 with Zev having previously been diagnosed Asperger syndrome. This did not prove to be a hindrance to them, as they worked seamlessly together, working together better that most of their competitors, while also charming the other teams and the locals they met. However, Justin had a tendency for carelessness, such as misplacing a clue during the second leg, then losing Zev's passport during the fourth leg. Although they arrived at the Pit Stop in Cambodia first, their discovery of the loss of Zev's passport prevented them from being officially checked in until they could retrieve the travel documents. However, they were unable to do so before all the other teams checked in, eliminating them in 9th place.
Returning in Unfinished Business, Zev & Justin set out to prove that their passport mishap was a fluke. Their seamless teamwork and ability to work well with other teams, particularly with Flight Time & Big Easy, whom they consistently gave information and answers to, allowed them to win four legs and make it to the final four. However, their performance tended to fluctuate, just as equally finding themselves at the back of the pack as much as they were in the lead, typically whenever Zev had to perform a Roadblock. Although they had won the most legs out of any team in the final four, they struggled throughout the penultimate leg in Brazil, being eliminated in 4th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Zev Glassenberg (26); Justin Kanew (30)
Zev and Justin's friendship started six years ago when they were working as camp counselors and the two have been very close ever since. Zev has Asperger's Syndrome, but they don't let it affect their relationship. They share friends and interests, and the friendship is as mutually beneficial as any could be.
Zev is an avid sports fan — especially basketball — and he has an intense competitive spirit. He describes himself as funny, modest, and loyal, and is running the Race to prove to himself that he can do anything.
Justin prides himself on his patience and his ability to problem solve. He admits the biggest difference between he and his partner is that Zev is not great in large groups of people — one of the characteristics of Asperger's — while Justin is very easy-going and can assimilate himself into any group.Outside of the occasional trip to Vegas (where Justin took Zev to lose his virginity), neither has traveled extensively, particularly with one another. Their relationship is spontaneous and unedited and resembles one of brothers more than friends.
The Amazing Race 15
|Zev & Justin's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Japan||No Detour||Justin||2 of 12|
|2||Japan → Vietnam||No Detour||Zev||5 of 11|
|2||3||Vietnam||Child's Play / Word Play||Justin||8 of 10|
|3||4||Vietnam → Cambodia||Cover / Wrap||Zev||9 of 9|||
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
|Zev & Justin's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Australia||No Detour||Justin||4 of 11|
|2||2||Australia||Spirit World / Natural World||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|3||3||Australia → Japan||Prayer of Purity / Frog of Luck||Justin||1 of 10|
|4||4||Japan → China||Hammer / Horn||Zev||8 of 9|
|5||5||China||Honor the Past / Embrace the Future||Justin||8 of 9|
|6||6||China → India||Hindu Art / Bengali Literature||Zev||4 of 8|
|7||7||India||Feed the Fire / Feed the Buffalo||Justin||2 of 7|
|8||8||India → Austria||Long Hard Walk / Quick and Easy Meal||Zev||1 of 6|
|9||9||Austria → Lichtenstein → Switzerland||Cheese / Wheeze||Justin||1 of 6|
|10||10||Switzerland||Search / Rescue||Zev||4 of 5|
|11||11||Switzerland → Brazil||On the Rocks / On the Beach||Zev||4 of 4|
- After appearing on The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business, Zev & Justin started a web series called "Let's Get Digital!"
- Zev & Justin appeared on The Price is Right for a The Amazing Race special that aired on May 25, 2016. However, Zev & Justin did not compete themselves.
- Justin married on January 18, 2015.
- Justin's wife, Nicole, gave birth to a daughter named Kaia Lisa Kanew, born on March 19, 2016.
- Justin had ran for Congress in Tennessee's 7th congressional district in 2018. However, Justin lost the election.
- Zev is the first autistic contestant, being diagnosed with Asperger syndrome.
- In the Elimination Station web series for The Amazing Race 15, it was revealed that Zev & Justin lost Zev's passport while searching for the Roadblock clue in a dark temple at Wat Toul Tom Pong. Justin had opened their fanny pack to pull out a headlight, not noticing that Zev's passport had fallen out. The passport was later turned in at an American diplomatic mission in Phnom Penh, which Zev & Justin were able to retrieve after their elimination. 
- Highest average-placing male team who were the 4th team to be eliminated without winning any leg, 6.00.
- Lowest finish for a team in their first season to come back for a returnee season, 9th place (tied with Jessica & John and Richie & Mimi).
- Zev & Justin were featured in a CBS.com gallery celebrating 'National Best Friends Day' in 2015.
- Michelle Diament at Disability Scoop (09/21/2009): "Asperger's Debuts On The Amazing Race"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/12/2009): "Justin Takes the Blame for Losing Zev's Passport"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/12/2009): "The Amazing Race 15: Exclusive Interview with Zev Glassenberg and Justin Kanew"
- Tim Parks at Digital Spy (10/12/2009): "We discuss their time on the show"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (10/13/2009): "Exclusive: Zev Glassenberg, Justin Kanew dish on The Amazing Race"
- The Bonnie Hunt Show (10/13/2009): "The Amazing Race 15's Zev and Justin on The Bonnie Hunt Show"
- Carrie Bell at People.com (10/13/2009): "We Thought We Could Beat Anyone"
- Autism Speaks Official Blog (02/20/2011): "Catching Up with Zev and Justin from Amazing Race"
- Allyson Wells at Reality TV Magazine (04/23/2011): "Zev And Justin Appear On CBS' The Talk"
- Digital Spy (05/10/2011): "We chat about their fourth place finish"
- Amanda A. Hamilton at Examiner.com (05/10/2011): "Zev and Justin would definitely run again – just not right now"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (05/10/2011): "The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business - Exclusive Interview with Zev Glassenberg and Justin Kanew"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (05/12/2011): "Waxing Task Was Injury to Insult"
- Reality TV World (05/13/2011): "Exclusive: Zev Glassenberg and Justin Kanew talk Amazing Race"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (09/30/2015): "The Amazing Race Premiere Recap with Jessica Liese, and Two Time Racers Zev & Justin"
Social Media Profiles
- Zev's Facebook: /zev.glassenberg
- Zev's Twitter: @ZevGlassenberg
- Justin's Facebook: /jkanew
- Justin's Instagram: /justinkanew
- Justin's Twitter: @Kanew
|The Amazing Race 15 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|